Fine Art/Identify signature

Full photo
Full photo  
Hudson River School? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.

I would be reluctant to attribute this painting to the Hudson River School.  Rather it suggests a California theme.  I can only see a very small picture of a full frame, so the signature is impossible for me to make out.  I suggest you consult a local dealer or gallery owner who may also be able to give you advice on repairing the frame.  The painting looks in good shape.  

Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration