Fine Art/Marcel Dyf oil painting help

I have a painting by Marcel Dyf. Signed dyf in the bottom right. I cannot find any like it online. The material on the canvas is like a linen but feels like a paper substance. Are the originals more of a cloth type canvas? Any tips to identify it as authentic? Thank you. I could upload a photo but it is kind of blury.

Dear Brian,

I looked up the artist and though he did some watercolors and prints on paper; his primary medium was oil on stretched canvas. I cannot tell you exactly what you have, but it may be a print that has been laid, (glued down), on canvas to give appearance of an original oil. If you are still not sure of it's medium you can take it to a local antique/art dealer or auction for an opinion. I hope this information if helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.