Fine Art/Marcel Dyf oil painting help

Question
I have a painting by Marcel Dyf. Signed dyf in the bottom right. I cannot find any like it online. The material on the canvas is like a linen but feels like a paper substance. Are the originals more of a cloth type canvas? Any tips to identify it as authentic? Thank you. I could upload a photo but it is kind of blury.

Answer
Dear Brian,

I looked up the artist and though he did some watercolors and prints on paper; his primary medium was oil on stretched canvas. I cannot tell you exactly what you have, but it may be a print that has been laid, (glued down), on canvas to give appearance of an original oil. If you are still not sure of it's medium you can take it to a local antique/art dealer or auction for an opinion. I hope this information if helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly
dheadley@fineartgalleria.com

Dolly D Headley