Fine Art/Miro dry point etching COA

Question
Hi Andrew,

I have a Joan Miro dry point etching, but am curious about the certification for them. They are certified by the Joan Miro Foundation on the back, and have a wax stamp, embossed seal, and information about the piece and the details for the foundation.

I'm curious to know if there is some place I can go to check if the COA is authentic? The thing that is throwing me, is that while the etching has a number - it does not show the total edition is that the etching is from. That is, it does not show X out of XX prints; it just has a stamp on the back with the number, which makes me a little suspicious...

Thank you :-)

Answer
Hello Pablo,

Here is a unique Original work by Joan Miró http://www.masterworksfineart.fr/inventory/2826 that has been authenticated by Association pour la defense de l'oeuvre de Joan Miró . I do not believe they authenticate Joan Miró prints, but I could be wrong. The Joan Miró Foundation is a museum http://www.fundaciomiro-bcn.org/ with plenty of clout, but I am also stumped as to why there wouldn't be the number of the total edition. Do you know the exact title of the piece (if it has one)? There are several catalog raissonnés I can check in to see if there is mention of the etching existing without the edition total. Also feel free to attach images for me to take a look at. That will also help me compare to the published descriptions.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans