Fine Art/Pablo Picasso Etching

Question
Pour Roby Picasso
Pour Roby Picasso  
Hello, I just purchased a 1952 "original etching" titled Pour Roby.  The dealer said it was signed and titled in plate by Picasso and the signature appears in reverse in the pull?  I don't see a number on the print.  Does this sound legitimate that the signature is in reverse?  This etching is 10 by 8 inches.  What type of estimate would be placed on this if it is real.  It does have a notarized COA that is included. Thank you so much, Leah

Answer
Hi Leah, I have been away from my library of books for the past couple of weeks, but once I get access to them again I will be able to give you some good details on the work. As far as the signature being in reverse, I have seen this on works before.

As far as there being no number, that is often a sign that it is an "artist's proof", which is just a handful of prints that go along with the edition. This authentic Picasso print http://www.masterworksfineart.fr/inventory/picasso/#2745 is similar to yours and is an artist's proof with no number.

I will be able to give you more information in a few days, stay tuned.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans