Fine Art/Picasso "Small Pierrot"

Question
small pierrot
small pierrot  
Dear Dolly,
I have what looks to be an original print or lithograph with Picasso signature in upper left corner.  It looks to be a white Harlequin on green background.  The paper is heavy brown textured with a water mark Canson & Montgolfier , France.  My mother acquired this as a gift from a President of a large California company in the late 70's.  The image is visible in an old Katharine Hepburn movie called Undercurrent (1946).  How can I determine if it is authentic and how would I find it's value, if any?  See attached photo.
Thanks
Marc

Answer
Dear Marc,

I have been asked about this print before. All information on this piece is sketchy and the information I have found has it as a lithograph or pochoir. It may well have been the frontispiece for a large portfolio/book. Picasso did utilized the papermaker Carnson %26 Montgolfier so their mark is consistent with other Picasso original prints. Other examples of this print have sold at auction averaging $2500 and up to $15,000. Your best option at this point would be to send the image to one of the major auction houses such as Sothebys and Christies to get an evaluation.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley