Fine Art/Question about a painting

Dear Mr. Evans:

I have a painting signed at the bottom Bombois and in the back says Along the river. Can you please tell me the first name of the painter and if this painting is worth money? I believe it Camille Bombois but i'm not sure, i search online for the painting and i can't seem to find it. Any information you can give me will be helpful, thank you for your time.

Hi Claudia,

As you said, there is a Camille Bombois who did a lot of landscapes and still lifes, and some clowns. The unique paintings have fetched roughly $2,000 to $20,000 in the past couple of years. I have not heard a lot of buzz about this artist, but the works are definitely selling. There are several river paintings, heavy in greens and blues, with nice reflections in the water, but none with the title Along the River. Of course, titles are often changed from one sale to the next if there is no official title or agreement on what the work is called. Feel free to attach an image so I can compare to some records.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University