Fine Art/Salvador Dali Litho's

Question

I own 2 Dali Litho Prints each dated 1967.
They are both part of a series I believe was called The People's of Israel.
The two have double signatures within the print itself and below the print on
the right side of Arches paper. They are both numbered as 107 out of 250.
One of them I think deals w/ the Holocaust and has several swasticas in the design..
Any idea of an approximate range of value & if these 2 are saleable?
The print w/ swasticas has a different signature than the other and is not signed
in script lettering but w/ print lettering - with a 'Dali' and what appears to be a 'g' above the 'a' plus the the whole signature is circled. This print refers to the death of Rachel and how she mourns her children as a metaphor for the Holocaust. The second Litho refers to the Angel of Death and includes a bat and a Pope figure. Both Lithos are  dark, heavy, dramatic and beautiful.

Answer
Dear Ellen,

Thank you for your question.  From your description, you may have two works from the suite 'Aliyah', also known as 'Pioneers of Israel'.  According to Albert Field's 'Complete Graphic Works of Salvador Dali', these should measure 20-1/16" x 15-11/16" on 25" x 19-5/8" paper.  They were produced in 1968 by Shorewood Press, New York, and signed by Dali in New York.  The images should be numbered 1-250 on Arches paper, as yours are (there are also an unknown number of artist's proofs and 25 on Japon paper).  I add these details because, as you may know, there are a great number of Dali forgeries on the market, and so the details of the paper and edition size are very important.  Your description of Dali's signature is a circle is quite standard; he altered his signature regularly, and this variation is based on Albrecht Durer's (with a bit of Gerard Dou as well).

I am neither an authenticator nor an appraiser, so I am unable to consult you as far as value.  If you are interested in selling, you may want to contact a professional appraiser, such as the Dali Archives in New York or Bernard Ewell is Santa Fe, New Mexico.  Bruce Hochman's 2007 Annual Price Guide to Dali's Graphic Works values the Aliyah images at approximately $6,800 each, though in my experience this book often provides an estimate that is higher than actual market value (e.g., one online seller is offering images from 'Aliyah' at $1,700 each).
I hope this is helpful.  Good luck!

Best,
Elliott

Elliott H. King