Fine Art/Value of original Cecil Aldin painting

While I was in Paris last week I bought an original painting by Cecil Aldin at Antique dealers booth.  I paid 40 Euro for this signed piece of art.  I was told by the dealer that Cecil Aldin was famous, but I really wasn't sure that I believed him until I Googled his name just a few minutes ago.  I have the custest picture of a dog hiding half of his body under the bed. Maybe he was looking for something under there. I bought it because it made me smile.  Do you know what the value of this is for this artwork or was 40 Euro tops!  Thanks!

Dear Joy,

Cecil Aldin painted the most charming images of dogs and it sounds like yours is one of these. Though his primary medium was watercolor on paper; he did paint some mixed media with oil. Depending on the size and image; (dogs are extremely popular with collectors); Aldin original paintings sell for anywhere from $500 to $5000 and more. Either way 40 Euros was an excellent value for this artist whose work continues to rise in value to collectors.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.