Fine Art/artists signature tapestry help

artists signature from hooked rug/tapestry
artists signature from  
I have this hooked rug from the 60's or 70's and I just cannot read the name of the artist sewn into the work.  Is there anyway that you could help? I have more pics if you need them.  Thanks.

Hi Heather, I looked through a couple artist signature books but I also cannot make it out. There is the Artist's Signature database at . Looks like it starts with an 'R' but the rest is very difficult to read. Since reading the signature is very difficult, I would suggest that you research popular tapestry artists in the 60's and 70's and you may stumble upon this artist.

The artist signature books are quite expensive ($300+), but if you are interested, try finding "Artist, Monograms, and Indecipherable Signatures".

I hope this helps, and best of luck to you!

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University