Fine Art/artists signature tapestry help

Question
artists signature from hooked rug/tapestry
artists signature from  
I have this hooked rug from the 60's or 70's and I just cannot read the name of the artist sewn into the work.  Is there anyway that you could help? I have more pics if you need them.  Thanks.

Answer
Hi Heather, I looked through a couple artist signature books but I also cannot make it out. There is the Artist's Signature database at http://www.artistssignatures.com/ . Looks like it starts with an 'R' but the rest is very difficult to read. Since reading the signature is very difficult, I would suggest that you research popular tapestry artists in the 60's and 70's and you may stumble upon this artist.

The artist signature books are quite expensive ($300+), but if you are interested, try finding "Artist, Monograms, and Indecipherable Signatures".

I hope this helps, and best of luck to you!

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans