Fine Art/help with identifying an artists signature

signature on picture
signature on picture  
me and my partner have recently moved home, and found an old print, i think its a print, i havnt got a clue. it has a signature on it and i can not figure out what name it is or any of the letters, apart from maybe a R. i would be more than happy to email any photo you require. if you dont specialise in signature identification would it be possible to point me in the right direction?

attached is a photo of the signature.

Hi Kate, I do not recognize the signature although it does look somewhat familiar. It is a good idea to study the subject matter of the work to try to narrow down the style and the time period, and then compare to those artists' signatures. There is a website that has been growing a database of artist signatures at that you might want to look into. Also, see if there is a Bonham's Valuation Day near you at . They are a large auction house that might have an expert who knows this work. Best of luck to you.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University