Fine Art/Dali Lobster Quadrille

Question
I have a recently re-framed, pencil signed print of a Dali Lobster Quadrille, 3/100 that I believe is on Rives paper.  Can you give me a ballpark estimate of its value from this information?  Also, can you recommend a reputable dealer should I decide to sell it.  Thank you.

Answer
Dear Judy,

Thank you for your question.  As I am not an appraiser, I cannot give you much information concerning value.  Presuming your graphic is legitimate, I can say that you have an image from one of the rarer editions of Alice and Wonderland: there is a numbered edition on Rives, 1-100, as well as an edition on Mandeure numbered 1-2500.  As yours is from the smaller edition, it presumably has a higher value.  
According to Bruce Hochman's 2007 'Annual price guide to Dali's graphic works', the entire suite of 12 images would run about $15,800 (please note that I have found this book to be higher than actual market value, though it does give you a ballpark estimate). Also, this price guide does not distinguish among the numbered editions, so, again, the smaller edition should have a higher value.
I have not tried buying or selling graphics myself, though I have heard good things from buyers about the Lockport Street Gallery near Chicago.  
http://www.lockportstreetgallery.com/dali.htm
I see on their site that they also have a Lobster Quadrille for sale and prices begin at $700, though again, yours is from a special edition so may have a higher value.  I hope this helps.  

Good luck!
Best,
Elliott

Elliott H. King