Fine Art/F.M Bennett?

Hi,I have a painting signed F.M Bennett,Is this a frank moss bennett painting,And if so could you give me a rough estimate of its value

Christies or Bonhams in the UK are where Frank Moss Bennett artworks change hands most publicly. Their experts would be able to establish authenticity and give you an accurate estimate.  I would fathom you might fetch 500-800pounds.  Much depends on size, detail, condition.   Generally, the more figures and the more activity in a Bennett painting, the more it will bring.  Some very richly worked genre scenes have brought thousands.  Enjoy the artwork, and best of luck if you decide to shop it.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration