Fine Art/H.C on a Miro litho.

Question
I recently bought a Miro Lithography La Melodie Acid #10.On the left lower corner there is an H.C written and no numbers.I understand that HC is hors commerce.Why is it more difficult to verify authenticity if an HC is written ? Are HC pieces more, or less valuable?If anything I would think that HC's may be more valuable because these pieces are fewer in numbers as compared to hundred of numbered  lithos produced. According to my gallery ,only 11 HC pieces were produced of the Melodie Acid and I have purcheased in full price the no.10.

Answer
There are specific people in the art business that authenticate Miro. Not just anyone can tell you it's authentic. The edition numbers are archived and your has to be matched against what is archived, also the paper, signature and other things have to be confirmed as that of Miro's own hand. No way around it, you need proper paperwork done. There are fees involved. If interested, send an email request to: collectdali@aol.com and ask for a referral to authenticate a Miro.

Make note if you are trying to sell it or keep it.

Dan

Dan Twyman