Fine Art/J.M.W. Turner gouache and ink sketches

The Travelers
The Travelers  
Hello.   I have 4 JMW Turner gouache & ink or pencil sketches bought at auction.  The provedence is they were brought to Charlottesville, VA and used to pay for legal fees by a russian emigre in the 1900s.  The attorney's granddaughter auctioned the art.
Southeby's says they're not by J.M.W. Turner (I sent them photos via email). With all due respect, I think Southeby's is wrong.  I have an M.F.A. and did extensive research on the drawings.  They appear to me that they are pages from Turner's notebooks that he took when he traveled.  I selected "The Travelers" dated 1835 to show you.   I have 3 others, but when I go to look up the names, this page orbits into space somehow, never to be found again. The other three are titled: Cliffs of Dover (1877), No. 7 Near Connaught Square (date unk), and East Blume (1818). Thanks ever so much!!!!!

Dear Sharon,

I apologize for the delay in my response. I am not sure what you want to know, but please feel free to email me the images and other information such as writing on the paper to and cc Let me know the sizes and what you would like to know.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.