Fine Art/Mariel Jacque / Barbizon

Mariel Jacque print /J  F Millet
Mariel Jacque print /J  
Hello Tom, I wonder if you could shed some light on this 'etching'? work which I have owned since the 1960s (acquired in London).  
Written in pencil beneath picture   :-
Barbizon le 13 Avril 1952 -Mariel Jacque (signed twice)
Top left corner of page :- 'Aleher Theodore Rousseau'
Bottom right corner :- 'Eue forte et aquarelle originale de Mariel Jacque d'apres le tableau de J F Millet'
Bottom left corner :- 'Les glaneuses'
Main subject is 5 inches x 5.65 inches. Full page is 15 inches x 11.50 inches. I can translate most of the French but would like to know more of the artist Mariel Jacque and whether this is an etching or aquatint ? etc. I can send a  photo of the full page, but this is a clearer view of the subject.
Thank you for any help, Kind regards, Clare

Les Glaneuses, painted in 1857, was also meant as a social criticism. Three peasant woman in the foreground are working hard, and Millet depicts them as holy and dignified by bathing them in a bright light. These women are also close to the same color as the ground, making them appear closer to God than the upper class, which appears faintly in the background. These women represent the struggle of the working class, which works to collect what little the upper class has left for them.
Of course there is an artist named Theodore Rousseau, not sure about the Aleher or why it is on your etching.
The medium is aquatint etching. You can see impressions around the image created by the printing plate. The color is most likley aquatint or some variation of that.

I'd have to do some research to come up with a value on this one.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.