Fine Art/Oil Work

Mansion Painting
Mansion Painting  
I have an oil painting that was given to my grandfather when he retired as a butler in a mansion in Philadelphia.  I would like to know if there might be someone whom I could send a photo of the work to see if we can gather some information about the painting.  I had a restorer look at the work (which is badly damaged) and he said it could be a piece valued at $20,000. hmmm.

We would appreciate any help! Any ideas?
Here is a photo.

Dear Rick,

As you mentioned, the painting is in very poor condition. The cost of restoration would be high. I am curious as to how the restorer came up with the value of $20,000. Is the piece signed? If so, please email me photographs of the signature and entire painting to

Though a nice painting, in current condition and if it is not signed, the value would warrant the cost of restoration.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.