Fine Art/Oil Work

Question
Mansion Painting
Mansion Painting  
Hi!
I have an oil painting that was given to my grandfather when he retired as a butler in a mansion in Philadelphia.  I would like to know if there might be someone whom I could send a photo of the work to see if we can gather some information about the painting.  I had a restorer look at the work (which is badly damaged) and he said it could be a piece valued at $20,000. hmmm.

We would appreciate any help! Any ideas?
Here is a photo.

Thanks
Rick

Answer
Dear Rick,

As you mentioned, the painting is in very poor condition. The cost of restoration would be high. I am curious as to how the restorer came up with the value of $20,000. Is the piece signed? If so, please email me photographs of the signature and entire painting to dolly12@aol.com.

Though a nice painting, in current condition and if it is not signed, the value would warrant the cost of restoration.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley