Fine Art/Re: Artist Identification

Question
WW 1 Doughboy
WW 1 Doughboy  
Dear Dan
Recently I started  going through a collection of paper ephemera of a WW 1 veteran that I acquired from his estate years ago.
The veteran, whose name and rank was Corporal James D. Martin was a field correspondent for the American Expeditionary Force newspaper “Stars and Stripes” during the WW 1 conflict.

Among the many historical documents in this private collection , including a signed Christmas letter from the Commander- in Chief of American Expeditionary Force, General John Pershing, to the staff of he “Stars and Stripes”.
I also discovered a 5 ¾” x 9” colored pencil drawing of an American Doughboy sitting at a table in his uniform and drinking a cup of coffee or tea.

Although the drawing was not signed, I have reason to believe that it was the work of one of two staff artists of the “Stars and Stripes“ , namely Abian A. (Wally) Walgren  or  Leroy C. Baldridge; both of whom had gone on to gain notoriety, in the art world, in their own right in later years.

Not being well versed in the matters of art, I wondered if you can point me in the right direction in seeking the advice of anyone who can identify the work of the artist responsible for the drawing.  

Your help and knowledge in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Frank Pietrzak

Answer
This type of thing requires research, no matter who helps you.

I have researched other similar items in the past.

If you want to persue it, send images and all details to:

collectdali@aol.com

You can include a phone number, the email is private.

Dan

Dan Twyman