Fine Art/S.B. Waugh - Lincoln and His Family

Hello.  I came across the above mentioned painting/picture in a antique store.  It appears to be quite old and framed.  I cannot find information regarding this so I am hoping you may know something.  Thank you.

I'd encourage you to contact the Schwarz Gallery in Philadelphia.

Waugh was a prodigious portraitist of the nineteenth century, and did capture Lincoln and U.S. Grant on canvas.  More than likely that you have a print or lithograph, not an original oil, of the President and his family, as copies would have sold well no doubt.  Contact Robert Schwarz.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration