Fine Art/S.B. Waugh - Lincoln and His Family

Question
Hello.  I came across the above mentioned painting/picture in a antique store.  It appears to be quite old and framed.  I cannot find information regarding this so I am hoping you may know something.  Thank you.

Answer
I'd encourage you to contact the Schwarz Gallery in Philadelphia.  www.schwarzgallery.com

Waugh was a prodigious portraitist of the nineteenth century, and did capture Lincoln and U.S. Grant on canvas.  More than likely that you have a print or lithograph, not an original oil, of the President and his family, as copies would have sold well no doubt.  Contact Robert Schwarz.

Stu

Stuart Cartwright