Fine Art/Salvador Dali

Don Quixote by Salvador Dali
Don Quixote by Salvado  
I have a Don Quixote that has the following on the back"

"In the subject of "Don Quixote," Salvador Dali has captured the nobility and grandeur of this legendary character. This original etching, signed in the plate, from his Spanish Immortals series is a classic example of masterly technique.

As the leading exponent in surrealism this controversial artist is in every major collection and museum in the world. There is no doubt that Salvador Dali will be hailed as one of the major art influences of the 20th century."

"Societe de verification de la Nouvelle Gravure International of New York and Paris certifies and warrants that this is an original etching by Salvador Dali.  The societe de Verification de la Nouvelle Gravure as been created by the Collector's Guild Ltd. to set and uphold the highest standards for original lithographs and etchings."

Is this real??? I am looking to sell it and don't know if $300 is too High or not enough.  Thanks for any info you might provide.

That looks like one of the "afters" created by Collectors Guild.

No hand signature.
They printed a very large number of them.

As a Salvador Dali broker, we do not sell those.

To see the real thing, go to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.