Fine Art/unknown painting

michele shane wrote at 2012-06-11 17:46:50
i have the very same painting its oil on a board and has a very very old wooden back on it to hold it in, its the real paint and not a copy or print, it says like miss anna or miss somebody on the back, i can not remember the name any more and hate to take the back cover off to look again, but please tell me more about who the artist is, i got mine from a missionary type of person a man who went to many lands, i have been searching a long time to know more, i love the painting so.

MB wrote at 2015-04-12 20:34:50
We also have the same painting that came to us from my grandparents. wrote at 2016-05-26 23:30:03

Heinrich Vosberg

(1833-1891)Vosberg was born at Leer in 1833 and died at Gmunden on the 20th of January in the year 1891.  Vosberg studied at the Academy of Düsseldorf and at the School of Art in Carlsruhe.  He also worked in the shop of Schirmer.  The  work was completed by Vosberg in 1887.

but don't get too excited ,

This painting was most likely done at The Hudson Valley Art School in the late 19th century using the print from the Newspaper.

you see a  copy of "Alone" was printed as part of The Chicago Tribune Art Supplement, dated September 30th, 1894.  Featured as a "Famous Painting of Europe", the actual print size is 8.25 by 16 inches.  It was mounted on paper and produced by the Knapp Co., Lithograph - N.Y..  still a very nice piece of Americanna Hudson Valley Art  

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.