Fine Art/painting by kent on anco bilt frame....

i have searched and searched for the artist of my painting.... just Kent in the bottom right corner... not sure what the value is or how old it is 20x24 style number 9595 a ancobilt 20 and 24....if you can please let me know the worth of this and who this artist is i would appreciate it....thanks nick

You have a manufactured artwork, that is, manufactured and wholesaled to a world with a lot of walls to cover up.  The manufacturer will often use a familiar or familiar-sounding last name to make the knock-off piece seem important.  "Kent" of course conjures up notions of great American modernist Rockwell Kent, and you should definitely be familiar with his work.  I'm sorry I cannot find a picture of your artwork attached to your message, but I would fathom your work does not even pretend to look like the bold artwork of Rockwell Kent, but is likely some impressionistic looking ocean or street scene that looks vaguely European. Original fine art is almost always signed with a full artist's name, or at least initials or stylized monogram.  Worth = about what you might have paid for it.

If you are interested in collecting original fine art, I highly recommend you consult well established art dealers in your vicinity.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration