Fine Art/unknown painting

Girl in a boat
Girl in a boat  
We are in possesion of an oil painting that has been in our family for years. i have seen reproductions of it in a few areas but have never been able to get any info on it. We would really love your hel in giving us some insight. i beleive it was painted in the 1800's. i have attached a photo of the painting. all I have ever found out was that it was painted by a RA Roger or a RH Roger. Thgank You so Much.

While I don't recognize the image, it is possible you have a replica of an oil.

Museum stores have been selling replicas for many years.

If you feel you have the real thing, then research needs to be done and the work has to be examined in person by an experienced art authenticator/appraiser.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.