Fine Art/Alma M. Goetsch painting

Hello, I recently purchased a painting done by Alma M. Goetsch entitled "The Parade".  The painting features ducks done in an almost cubist/abstract design.  I was wondering if you had any knowledge of the artist.  The painting is from the 1960's.

Thank you

I urge you to contact the Kresge Art Museum at Michigan State University.  They have about 20 of her artworks, including many watercolors, in their collection. You can look them up online, and even view one of her paintings.

You describe her style accurately.  Enjoy your painting!

Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration