Fine Art/Carl Schweninger Oil Painting

Question
Victorian Couple
Victorian Couple  
Hello,
I just bought the attached oil painting at a garage sale, and I was wondering if it was worth anything. I don't know if it's an original or a reproduction, but it has the signature on the bottom right hand corner. I believe the name of the painting is Victorian Couple. Can you help me?

Answer
Nice image. The artist was creating works in the mid 1800's, and some works are in museum exhibits. It is common to see replicas and posters fo museum works that were once sold in a museum gift shop or store. If you feel you have an original work, I'd need to see some very good images of the surface of the work, the signature, the back of the work and need to know what kind of material it is painted on. This kind of thing is more than a free service can provide, but if you have an original, you will spend money either way. I doubt you have an original, I have not checked the museum exhibits for a match, but that is my gut feeling.

You can reply to my email address: collectdali@aol.com

Dan

Dan Twyman