Fine Art/Chagall Lassaigne

Question
Hi from Germany,

If bought Chagall Laissaign and found several hints about posthume printings of this book. Especially for the litho "Le Joueur de Flute" there should be some marks to identify the fake.
I have a  photo here: http://www.kunst-auktionen-online.de/alt/chagall.jpg

Please have a look and let me know : fake - or not

Sincerely

Fabian

Answer
Dear Fabian,

Your print from the book CHAGALL by Jacques Lassaigne, 1957, is titled “The Flute Player” in English; and was published by Maeght. It appears to be correct for an original, but I am basing an opinion on a photograph. I am not aware of copies of this particular print. You can compare yours with another original in an online gallery at http://www.georgetownframeshoppe.com/marc_chagall19.html.
I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley