Fine Art/Dali prints

Question
I have in our Turner Collection color intaglio cataloged as "to Be or Not to Be" 64/145 and pencil signed.  It seems it would be from a series relating to Shakespeare?

I also have "Espana" HC 9/50 slightly smaller in size than the Art/Contract in Paris from 1971. Would this have a relationship to the Spanish Civil war?

Anything more you can tell me to look for as to background on either would be appreciated.
Catherine Sullivan, Curator
Janet Turner Print Museum
CSU, Chico
Chico, CA

Answer
Dear Catherine,

Please let me apologize for the delay in responding to your question.  
It would be very helpful if you could please follow up with an image of 'To be or not to be' so I can look it up in the books I have here. As for Spain, I was able to confirm it was the work I had in mind by looking at the Janet Turner Print Museum's website.  N.b., You may want to consult an authenticator or appraiser, as according to Albert Field's Complete Graphic Works of Salvador Dali, there is a forgery of this particular image on the market.  Sidestepping that since it is not related to your question, the graphic is based on Dali's painting of the same title from 1938, now in the Museum Boymans-Van Beuningen in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.  Given the title and date at which it was made, it would seem likely that Dali did indeed have the Spanish Civil War in mind, though there is no clear political message in the work itself despite that by 1938 the Nationalists controlled most of the country.  The most direct inspiration for the work might be the drawings of Leonardo da Vinci, given the diminutive soldiers and horses that create the face and chest of a woman leaning against a nightstand.  Dali took a detached view of the Spanish Civil War, though the conflict deeply affected his family and took the life of one of his closest friends, the poet Frederico Garcia Lorca.
I hope this gives you some useful information.  Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like to send me an image of the Shakespeare graphic.

Kind regards,
Elliott  

Elliott H. King