Fine Art/Elenore Mizzy

Question
Would you be able to tell me anything about the subject artist?   I bought a painting signed by her.   She is listed in Askart, but I can't find out much about her.   I ordered the last volume of an Art in America series that may have a reference.   Thank you.

Answer
Cindy,
I don't know about her, but was able to quickly find a document (where else...on the 'net!) that includes her in 1951 Exhibition of artwork at the 91st St YMCA in New York City. She may well have been associated with Judaica artworks, and is listed as exhibiting alongside Bertram Goodman, Nancy Ransom.  See  www.92y.org/content/pdf/archives_schoolofarts.pdf  page 7.

Best,
Stu

Stuart Cartwright