Fine Art/Elenore Mizzy

Would you be able to tell me anything about the subject artist?   I bought a painting signed by her.   She is listed in Askart, but I can't find out much about her.   I ordered the last volume of an Art in America series that may have a reference.   Thank you.

I don't know about her, but was able to quickly find a document (where else...on the 'net!) that includes her in 1951 Exhibition of artwork at the 91st St YMCA in New York City. She may well have been associated with Judaica artworks, and is listed as exhibiting alongside Bertram Goodman, Nancy Ransom.  See  page 7.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration