Fine Art/Everett Woodson Oil Painting

Question
Hello Dolly,

A few years back I purchased an oil painting at a yard sale and it is signed by Everett Woodson. Someone made me aware that he is a well known artist. Can you tell me if his paintings are of any value and where I can get it appraised.

Sincerely,
Donna

Answer
Dear Donna,

Everett Woodson was born in 1933 in Independence, Missouri and is most often known for his barn landscapes in various seasons. His work is very popular particularly in the south and I have seen many reproductions on canvas of his work in various antique shops and flea markets. These can be difficult for many people to distinguish from the original paintings. The market value on his work must consider the size (the larger pieces are more desirable), condition, scene, etc.; and therefore it is a wide range between $500-1300. You can take the painting to an appraiser, but be prepared to spend a couple of hundred dollars. You can find an appraiser in your area on www.appraisersassoc.org.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley