Fine Art/Everett Woodson Oil Painting

Hello Dolly,

A few years back I purchased an oil painting at a yard sale and it is signed by Everett Woodson. Someone made me aware that he is a well known artist. Can you tell me if his paintings are of any value and where I can get it appraised.

Dear Donna,

Everett Woodson was born in 1933 in Independence, Missouri and is most often known for his barn landscapes in various seasons. His work is very popular particularly in the south and I have seen many reproductions on canvas of his work in various antique shops and flea markets. These can be difficult for many people to distinguish from the original paintings. The market value on his work must consider the size (the larger pieces are more desirable), condition, scene, etc.; and therefore it is a wide range between $500-1300. You can take the painting to an appraiser, but be prepared to spend a couple of hundred dollars. You can find an appraiser in your area on

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.