Fine Art/Michel De Gallard

Michel De Gallard
Michel De Gallard  

While I realize this is not your primary area of expertise I thought you may have some insight for me. I have a Michel De Gallard hanging in my living room. It is not a painting however it is a 29"Hx23"W drawing, possibly in charcoal. It was willed to me by my grandmother and is signed to my grandfather, Harry Benson. The back of the frame says Zantman Art Galleries. It was probably purchased in the late seventies or early eighties. I don't know very much about it. I am attaching some pictures for further reference. Any information or help will be appreciated.

Hello Michel De Gallard,

Although the piece is minimal in its content, I find it quite powerful. I do not recognize or have further information to give you on this piece, though. Try contacting Christies auction house. There is also Sotheby's at . They might have an expert who who is familiar with this work. Bonham's Valuation Day may also be something to consider . Make sure not to take it out of its frame just yet, as aging can quickly change the colors of the work within hours. You might also want to try another fine art expert on this site. I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University