Fine Art/Rauschenberg

My Rauschenberg
My Rauschenberg  
Hello- I have a piece by Robert Rauschenberg that I'm curious about. Interested in whether or not it has a title, its worth, and any other info you might have. It's 30 1/2 in wide by 22 1/2 in high. It's signed Rauschenberg 13/39. It also says 77 in the bottom right corner. There are 2 large blue spark plugs and a couple sitting side by side. Id be more than happy to send you more pics if that would be helpful. Please let me know if there is any other info that might assist you. Thanks.

Dear Sebastian,

Your Robert Rauschenberg print is a lithograph in colors from his Romance series printed in 1977. Your particular print is formally titled Romance, Myth. It is rare on the market and I could not locate an auction example later than 1994 at Sothebys for $1000. People appear to be holding on to his work since his death in 2008. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.