Fine Art/Signed oil painting

Question
oil painting
oil painting  
Hello Dolly,

I recently purchased this painting and I cannot make out the signature. It looks like it could be A. Ramos? It is a large oil painting (3ftx2ft). I have no idea how old it is. The back of the canvas has yellowed quite a bit and had cobwebs. I have done several searches on different letter combination's and could not come up with anyone with a similar painting style. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much,
Michelle

Answer
Dear Michelle,

I did some research on paintings by artists with the last name Ramos and did not come up with a similar style. I am not certain it says Ramos and I cannot come up with another name as I think it is Asian. The scene is Asian farmers plowing rice fields in the rain. If you notice, the workers are wearing rice hats and the building in the background is on piers; consistent with Asian housing. Many times Asian artists will sign with an English name rather than characters. I'm sorry I cannot be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley