Fine Art/Utrillo winter scene painting

Question
What characteristics would be unique to an original vs reproduction of a Maurice Utrillo painting?
Thank you, any help would be appreciated.

Answer
Dear Susan,

Maurice Utrillo’s primary medium was oil on canvas, board, or panel. He also painted with watercolors, but oil was his preference. Utrillo is most known for his street scenes; particularly Paris. He signed his paintings as Maurice Utrillo. If you have an oil painting in the manner of the artist and the signature looks similar to other of his works, you would need to have an expert look at the painting. Provenance is essential on works by major artists; particularly much copied Modern Masters. Though there are likely undocumented paintings by Utrillo; it will be exceptionally difficult to get an expert to authenticate it. One of the major auctions houses may be able to assist. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley