Fine Art/approx value of painting

Years ago, I lived inn Palm Beach. I used to love to go to Findley Gallery and lust after many of their works of art. Alex Dzigurski,Sr was one of my favorites. 15 years ago I lived in northern FL and was eating lunch is an antique shop cafe and noticed a seascape that looked very familiar. It was a Dzigurski, it was $900. Ten minutes later it was mine.  I got it home and looked at the reverse and it had an original Findley Gallery ,Chicago sticker along with an inventory number.  I called the gallery to find out some info.  It was painted in 1964 and is titled MARINE.  It is in the original frame which has a couple small chips.  The painting is in excellent condition and the use of colors in the sunset sky are amazing.  You can hear the  waves crashing and friends say they can  feel the mist.  The painting is 24 x 36.  Is there any way to give me an approximate value of my pride and joy. If you would like a copy of the picture I can email one to you. Thank you for any information you can  give me.  Dick

Dzigurski, Sr. executed many paintings of this precise scene, and on the same size canvas.  It is easy to find public auction records of these.  The most recent half dozen paintings to turn over at auction have sold between $1,500-$2,000.  This scene at sunset seems to command roughly a $500 premium over the same scene without the orange sky.  The more luminescent...the more folks pay for the scene.  So, you have one of the better ones.  

Enjoy your certainly looks handsome in your den.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration