Fine Art/boy with rabbit by Henry Raeburn

boy with rabbit
boy with rabbit  
I have a large picture print...very old...and the frame is also very old...I purchased it from a wealthy family who lived in our area whose mother was a well known artist in our area...Lou Hammond from Farmer NC...this picture was in her art studio and her daughters were cleaning up the art studio after the mother had passed away...I have never taken it out of the frame and it appears it has never been taken the signature is not visible ...under the frame...however I can see a seal of some sort like a crest in the lower right much is my picture worth?

Your picture is a printed reproduction of a painting hanging in The Royal Academy of Arts, London. Unfortunately, it has no significant value as fine art since it is a reproduction. The frame, although obviously old, also has no great value due to its poor contdtion.

This is the picture which is reproduced in your print:
Henry Raeburn (Scottish, 1756-1823). Henry Raeburn Inglis (Boy and Rabbit), 1814. Oil on canvas. 101.6 x 78.8 cm (40 x 31 1/32 in.).
The Royal Academy of Arts, London

the link to a reproduction of this picture is here:

Jeffrey Price

I can answer questions about the authenticity of graphic prints by M. C. Escher (Dutch 1898 - 1972. I can possibly help with evaluation, buying and selling M. C. Escher prints. PLEASE NOTE THAT MY EXPERTISE IS IN ARTWORK BY M. C. ESCHER ONLY.

I have been a collector and dealer in works by M. C. Escher for over 30, and my gallery in Connecticut is the only permanent retail gallery exhibiting and offering M. C. Escher's original artwork. For reference, see my websites and

Honors degree in Art History, UConn 1975, respected speaker and author concerning M. C. Escher's work for over 30 years.