Fine Art/rembrandt

Question
I have a sketch framed by Catalda fine arts labeled 7115 Saskia Rembrandt and I would like to know if it is worth value. It appears to show a woman standing braiding the hair of a seated woman.

Answer
Dear Patricia,

Catalda Fine Arts created reproductions of famous paintings of artists from Rembrandt to modern. While they are usually quality reproductions; they are still reproductions that were usually printed past the copyright date of the original artist. There is a situation where the company spent years in litigation for copyright infringement, but overall their work can be considered good vintage reproduction.
Since the piece is Rembrandt, there is no likelihood that it is of any value other than aesthetic and vintage art. I would suggest you check eBay for similar works and gather an idea of current market value. Condition plays an important part in vintage reproductions so keep this in mind while researching. Finally, I always tell clients that if you love to look at it and it gives you feeling, then the value outside of an original is inconsequential. I hope you enjoy the art.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley