Fine Art/Alex Dzigurski

I have a painting called Sentinels Of The West by Alex Dzigurski but I am not sure if its real or a reproduction. It has a number on the back(Not sure if it a serial # ) and has a Thumb nail resume of the Artist.Also has Illinois Molding Co. Stamped on the back.Also has a couple of other numbers I was told was the number of how many were made,so that makes me think it's a reproduction. This picture belonged to my husbands grandparents and they have been gone for several years.We have had it for about 25 years or more .It also has his signature on bottom left hand side. How can I find out if it is real or reproduction and what it is worth.  Any info will help!!! Thanks Barb

The signature will help move things along. We need to determine if it was printed or hand signed.

If you have a loop/loup or strong magnifying glass, check the signature and see if it is consistent with the rest of the print, or if it has a different texture.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.