Fine Art/Antique Oil Painting

I have in my possession an antique oil painting of a fly fisherman. It was purchased in the 1950's by my parents in Indiana, PA. The artists signature is "J Lindemann". I believe it was painted in the mid 1800's in Pennsylvania. The painting with frame measures 36.5" wide and 31" high. I believe it is in very good condition. I'm trying to find out when it was painted and who is "J Lindemann"?

Dear David,

I located a listed artist; Josef Lindemann who was born in 1880 in Germany. I did not have a chance to research his bio; but his style loooks similar. Try researching using key words: artist, Josef Lindemann. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.