Fine Art/Douglas Anderson

Question
Hello, I found a sketch of a bridge scene in Prauge. The lttle information I found was he painted oil portraits and landscapes. I would appreciate more info on the artist and if it possible it is him. Thanks

Answer
This is information on one artist named Douglas Anderson.

1934

Born August 8th in Ayrshire, Scotland

1937

Started painting at 3 years old

1946

At the age of 12, sold his first painting of ducks to a London gallery

1955

Started studying portraiture with the internationally renowned Pietro Annigoni at his studio in Florence and during that year he obtained his first portrait commission for a fee of 100 and from that moment his fees rose rapidly

1961

At the age of 27, he was elected a Member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters, being by far the youngest member

1964

Painted a portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, followed by a second portrait in 1965

1966

Painted a portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother

From then on he travelled extensively carrying out portrait commissions in the United Kingdom, the USA and feels privileged to have worked and stayed in some of the finest houses in Europe.

1991

Commissioned by The Royal Marsden Hospital to paint a portrait of their Patron, Diana Princess of Wales

Douglas Anderson's Recent Career

Douglas Anderson had one of the finest studios in London during the 1960's but now bases himself in a very beautiful part of Tuscany during the winter and spring months and spends the summer in Ireland, where the contrasting landscapes provide the inspiration for his wildlife painting.

He and his wife enjoy entertaining portrait sitters in Italy, as it provides a perfect mixture of work and relaxation, combined with good food and wine.

Douglas Anderson is happy to alternate his painting programme with portraiture and wildlife, which he feels maintains his keen eye for observation and detail. Since 1970 he has had many one-man exhibitions of his wildlife paintings in London, Edinburgh, Stockholm, Florence and Munich and his works are collected world-wide.

Maeve

(Julian) Ronald Haylock, BSc, FRSA

Maris Salmins
www.lifeonthewall.com
www.marissalminsgallery.com
www.antiquepaintinggallery.com

Maris Salmins