Fine Art/Help in researching a painting.

I'm trying to research an oil painting that I recently bought at a estate sale. It's measures 8" x 10" (without the frame). It is painted on a board not a canvas. I found some very similar painting on E-bay by an artist named "Hubert Valerio". His paintings seem to be quite valuable. I wanted to attach more pictures but could only seem to do one. I chose this close up of the signature  so you could see the brush strokes. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time...Steve.

Dear Steven,
I found several examples of Hubert Valerio's paintings to compare with your painting. It is my opinion your painting is not by Hubert Valerio. Though Hubert V would occasionally use the palette knife and create heavy impasto; he used it sparingly. Your painting is very heavy and dark; whereas Hubertís palette was much brighter and the building structures much more defined. Lastly, the signatures do not match. On all of the Hubert V paintings I found the signature is the same. He used small letters; not capitalized as in your painting. I tried to attach an example for your review, but the upload would not work. You can go to eBay and look at the close up of the signatures. I did further searching and I am not able to find an artist that matches your painting. When you search; add the word impasto and eventually something may show up. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.