Fine Art/Need assistance Identifying Artist

Hi, We are doing a fundraiser for a friend in need of a liver transplant, and a beautiful oil painting was donated for us to auction, however we cannot make out the signature other than a first letter of "F" and have no idea of the value. I am hoping you may be able to assist with who the artist might be. There is a stamp on the frame that says - Made in Spain by Francisco LLOP? for Gaines-American Moulding Co. New York - and there is a white label that has the computer printed numbers 4DXM032210 - possibly from an auction? I have several high resolution photos including signature close ups available to send. The canvas is 35 3/4 x 23 1/2. We would certainly appreciate any help you can provide to identify this painting. Thank you very much in advance.

Dear Tracey,

I will be happy to take a look. From your photograph it does not appear to be a masterpiece by a major artist such as Bierstadt; but maybe I can identify the artist and give you more information. It is a pleasing image and hopefully will bring a nice price for your fundraiser. Send jpeg images to

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.