Fine Art/Picasso 347 series

I am being offered a hand signed etching "Autour d'El Greco et de Rembrandt"Portraits 347 series No. 40 1968 B.1520/Baer 1536 of the 17 artist proofs and I would like to see if you can tell aproximately what is the price range for this? I saw somewhere that one of the 21/50 was between $6,000-$10,000 but since the one I am being offered were only 17 proofs, how much more if so could it be?

Dear Marcela,

When printing a limited edition release most publishers create an artistís proof edition of smaller size than the regular numbered release. This is to allow the artist to retain a portion of the prints to give as gifts or to sell after the general edition has been sold out. Both editions are printed from the same plates. When describing an edition size people will often say; such as in this case; there are 67 authorized copies with 17 of them being the artistís proofs. There is not a quality difference between the APís and the regular edition and therefore there should be no difference in monetary value between a print from either edition.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.