Fine Art/Renoir painting

Dear Andrew, I emailed you back on around 05/03/10 with a question about Rembrandt. You emailed me back answering my question but you also mentioned that: "sometimes artists like Renoir would make an etching and then water colors would be placed over them" In response to your answer, I am sending you a picture of a print or painting of Renoir's dated 1866 it is on some kind of paper. That is hanging in my family's home in Tn. It is signed in black ink. It does have some type of paint on it because I can feel the paint and see some brushstrokes. So what can you tell me about this print or painting? See attached picture.

Hi Shirley,

Please send me a full-sized image of the piece. I may be able to tell what it is by looking at it. That signature looks a bit different than most I've seen. Usually it's a little more cursive-like. But yes, some of Renoir's prints have beautiful colors in them and they are some of his most impressive works.

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University