Fine Art/Robert Addison

Question
We purchased a Robert Addison winter scene in 1987(ish) from Merril Chase in the Water Tower Place in Chicago...We still love it. It is a street in winter, neatly shoveled with lights on in the houses. We always were reminded of "going to grandmas" when we looked at the picutre. Anyway...it's numbered 19/22 AP and we are wondering about it's value.  Not that we will sell it...just curious.

Answer
Donna,
1) The 19/22 tells me this is likely a limited edition print.  A little searching online tells me Addison did many serigraphs and likely Merrill Chase subscribed for a set.  
2) I am not expert in following the print market, but follow this link to someone who is.  And who has already commented on Addison.  

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Fine-Art-3122/Robert-Addison.htm

3) Addison's original art, oil pieces on canvas, have fetched in the $300-$500 neighborhood over the past decade.  One or two large colorful canvasses, remember original oil painting - not a print edition - have turned over at about $5,000.   Bunte Auction Services in Elgin, IL has sold several large bold canvas works completed by Addison in the post WWII years.  

Susanin's Auction house in Chicago could help you if you believe you have an original oil.

Hope this helps a bit.  Glad you enjoy the artwork.  Hang it somewhere that you might enjoy gazing at it everyday!

Stu  

Stuart Cartwright