Fine Art/lotus dance painting

Question
lotus flower
lotus flower  
could you please point me in the right direction ?  i bought this beautiful painting at an estate auction several years ago but it just doesn't fit any more.  i have been trying to find something,anything about it but i can't even dissypher the signed name in the bottom left corner.  i am not very art savy but my instincts tell me this isn't your everyday kind of painting.  It's  30x40  and signed on the back (by the framer i'm guessing) 1944. Please help me, i wanted to sell it but would like to have some foundation of info. even if only about the artist..  thank you so much.   it is only letting me send one pic. but i have a pic of the signature and the back signed and dated 1944 if you need them

Answer
Dear Suanne,
The style is not familiar to me. I will try to help but I'll need to see if I can read the signature and then locate the artist. Please email close up photos of the signature and other writing to dheadley@fineartgalleria.com. Include a full shot of front and back. Include size.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley