Fine Art/Art Identification mark

Red stamp
Red stamp  
I recently bought an estate in Northern Georgia. In going through the items, I came across quite a few paintings, and was able to identify most. There are 2 that have me confused. Both are serigraphs, and have a small red stamp on the bottom right corner. There is an artist signature on them, or at least I would assume it is one, I cannot read any far east languages. Could you tell me what the red stamps mean, or at least point me in the right direction? I have attached a photo of the stamp. Thank you.

Dear Jarod,

The red seal is the artist's "chop" or signature. I am afraid I do not have the expertise to read them. Try contacting a gallery that specializes in Asian art and see if they can help you identify the artist. There are many on the web such as this one:

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.