Fine Art/Chagall lithograph

Question
Hello, I bought recently a Chagall original lithograph on auction in London, organised by Bridgeall Ltd. in a hotel. It was unsigned and I paid just slightly above the market price. I checked the info on the certificate  and matched the lithograph against the catalogue raisonne, it seems ok. The certificate was issued by the Sheffield Galleries, 135 Fort Lee Rd, Leona NJ. The guy leading the auction spoke with the American accent, the other one spoke with not British, not American accent. They also had a lot of arts certified by Nathan D. Isen.  I am concerned about the authenticity of my lithograph, I have somebody from art community looking at it and saying it was ok. Do you come across a lot of fake unsigned lithographs? Do you know anything about the gallery that issued my cetificate? I searched the web and found that there were a lot of scam auctions in America in 2008-9, with people buying works of art certified by Northeast Galleries or US Auction Corp. both having the same address as Sheffield Galleries (!) that certified my lithograph! I am worried that these 'genuine' works of art are now offloaded to the clients in the UK. They sell a lot of Miro, Picasso lithographs. See this thread about the scam: http://208.86.2.42/showthread.php?t=30106

Answer
Hi, I will look into these names that you have mentioned. There are scams everywhere, so it's best to deal with people who have been in the art market a long time if you are going to drop serious cash on a work of art.

In the meantime, please send me a photo of your work so I can tell you what I know about specific fakes of that work that are out there, if any.

Thank you,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans