Fine Art/Emmanuel Oberhauser

Not Sure
Not Sure  
I have a picture that has been in my family since 1969 at which time my father aquired it from another German family who had owned it for many years but was experiencing financial difficulties. How may I find more information about this picture? I have attached photos of it. Thank you for your assistance.
Debra Bohn

Dear Debra,

The title of your print is "Forest Nymphs". You can Google the name and artist and find other examples on the internet. From your photograph, I can tell yours has been hand painted in areas; particularly the sash on the musician. I don't know if this was done by the artist or at a later date by someone else. You might want to check for a hand signature by the artist. This would also enhance your prints value.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.