Fine Art/Leo Politi painting value

Do you have any information as to the approximate value of a painting that I hope to donate to the Laguna Beach library for the Children's section.  It's by Leo Politi and depicts a boy with his black and white dog.  The painting colors are very vivid, perhaps tempera.  The boy is in a pink shirt, white pants and wearing a sombrero.   He is holding up a dog bone in one hand and  pointing at the dog with the other.  They are surrounded by cacti and flowers.  The size is approximately 2' x 5', quite large for a Politi, and is under glass and in good condition.  One much smaller (48.9x64.8 cm) of a church with children playing in Gouache on paper sold at auction for $4,025 in 2006 according to FindArtInfo.

I'd appreciate any information you might provide about the possible value of the work. If the value is greater than $5000, I will have it appraised, but I am trying to determine if that will be necessary.
Thank you,

Politi was an illustrator of Childrens books. I have seen originals sell for affordable prices. I did some research for another client, and have contacted everyone I can find associated with the artist, but no one seems to be able to get ahold of the artists family and the website for his work has outdated contact info and no one responds to the emails I send. If you found an auction result in that range, that affects the fair market value of all his works.

I'd have to refer you to an art appraiser to do the needed research to come up with a fair value.

If you want the referal, please email the request to:  

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.