Fine Art/Marc Chagall

I have a Marc Chagall seriograph of Carmen numbered 29/300
it has a certificate of authenticity..noted "plate destroyed"
printed by G H Studio

Marc Chagall signature in  yellowish color lower right corner (think printed)
I would like a rough idea of the value to evaluate the care that needs to be taken with it.  thank you

Dear Ms Lloyd,

Marc Chagall's Carmen is one of his most sought after lithographs. There is also a poster version worth very little, which often has text over the image and is clearly a poster rather than a lithograph. Carmen should be signed and numbered in the lower portion of the image. It has a retail value of about $100,000 - $150,000 for the authentic, hand-signed lithograph in excellent condition.

If you would like a more definite answer as to how much yours in particular is worth, contact Christies or Sothebys auction houses, as they are the two largest auction houses in the world. You can also take it to a Bonham's Valuation Day .

I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University