Fine Art/Two Paintings by unknown artists

I have two painting which have no signatures. I believe one is around the 16th century, a landscape, and the other may be pre-nineteenth, a picture of a boy. I have taken a front and back digital picture of each and one extra of the landscape. I wonder if you would be willing to look at them to see if you can identify them. Thanks for you assistance.

Dear Bob,

I would be happy to take a look at your paintings, but to be honest, the chances of anyone identifying an artist without a signature is extremely slim. Even recognizable styles of a particular artist cannot be attributed to that artist unless it has impeccable provenance. If you wish to send photos; email them as attachments to

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.